Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tournament in Missoula this Weekend; October

Missoula kicks off our first tournament @ 8:30 am on September 25th. The Fred Preregs are pretty low, but not significantly below average Inland Empire attendance. I'm glad my students are attending because it is a nice easy warm-up to the Leon Auriol.

I'm looking forward to the Zombie Invitational in October as it will be a much larger tournament if initial "oh yeah we're going!"'s can be believed. If you fence saber in our section, then you have to come out for the zombie saber event. It is one touch, head only Saber with normal right of way, bouts drawn from a hat. Last year's event was amazingly fun, and best of all, it's FREE! I believe we're handing out the DVD Zombieland for first prize this year. So come on down!

Plans are in the works for me to head for the Battle in Seattle in late January and stay and vacation for a few days afterward. I might take a few people with me too depending on the circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I can't make it to the Zombie Invitational...:o/

    You should totally come for the Battle! It's a great tournament and since it's a ROC, you could qualify for Div 1A at Nationals. And my club should be fully operational by then and we should have quite a few saberists!

    ReplyDelete