Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

A Conglomeration of Half Posts & Ideas

I am currently not in a learning plateau. I am happy with my speed changes, distance, and timing. Some things can be fixed, while others are fine. For the entire first half of this year I was stuck in a plateau, so I feel entitled to a little satisfaction.

It's also nice to see students getting touches they historically wouldn't when fencing me, which means I am doing my job right. I've also noticed that the less experience that you have, the shorter your plateaus are. That certainly can't be a universal truth, but it seems to apply in most cases. Oh, and I want shorter plateaus.

I'm heading to Seattle with two students of mine in two weeks. I am excited and more than a little nervous. This will be their first tournament outside of the Inland Empire and it will not have the same vibe. They will also be the first students from MFA to attend a tournament of this caliber, and hopefully the first of many to make the leap.

I'm doing a volunteer intro class for some boy scouts this week and we already have 2 of the 6 signed up for an intro class. I decided that since we already grabbed 1/3 of that number to pass the class off to Chris for some Epee, and I will take over his Y10 class tonight. He was thinking of doing Saber anyway, so I figured we might as well switch.

We're gearing up to go to schools this next month and begin doing intros. I completed a powerpoint presentation to help enhance our ability to present uniform ideas. I would post it here for you to review, but I'm not that internet savvy. I got some ideas from Erik, one of the Bozeman fencers for advice about how to do an intro, and he was full of good ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment