Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Money

Everyone’s favorite thing that we can’t have enough of tends to limit my ability to travel to NACs. We have another fencer in the division who is fabulously wealthy and doesn’t understand why we don’t all go to National tournaments and Seattle every other weekend. After a while it gets a little frustrating having to explain money problems to someone who obviously hasn’t dealt with them in some time.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not poor (by my own standards at least), but I have choices this fall. I could go to one tournament in Seattle & buy two new blades & a mask. Or I could abandon competing this fall altogether in favor of buying a new set of competitive electric gear. The latter option would also free me up to travel with students as a coach instead of a competitor, thereby paving the way for my travel expenses to be paid in full (assuming I can convince the parents that paying for me to be a full time coach in a tournament is a good thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment