Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Other sports

I need to find a way to motivate my students in to cross training exercises. I have one student who constantly plays footbag by himself, but he is the only one who does any exercise outside of fencing. His footwork has become much more creative and confident even a little maintenance outside of class. I am starting to get another student to come running with me, but his motivation to improve has never been in question.

Recently, we have been practicing indoor soccer as a warm up. We are still trying to figure out how long the warmup should go, as right now we are consuming a healthy 30 minutes in soccer alone. I am also leery about changing what we currently have going as I've seen huge improvements to footwork technique and confidence since we started warming up with soccer. Fixing something that isn't broken seems unwise, so for the moment I think things will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment