Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Energy & politics

This week has been rough. I worked for 7 hours on Friday teaching private lessons & a camp. Don't get me wrong, I love coaching, but my energy level is hilariously low right now. This is my day off & all I can think of is building magic decks & reading trashy science fiction.

Despite that, I had a very productive meeting with Laura & Chris today regarding incoming and outgoing coaching staff. It appears that I will be teaching a class for the homeschool students this fall & Laura will make an attempt to place me at 20 hours a week teaching BEFORE I add in my hours for private lessons. The really hectic part of the near future will be our first ever recruitment drive through the middle schools & high schools.

This recruiting run will be crucial to the future of MYFA. If we start with our best foot forward & attract as many students as we possibly can, MYFA would explode in membership & recognition. We would have a much greater presence throughout the area. Afterward, the real work begins: getting those kids hooked on the sport.

1 comment:

  1. It'll be SO easy...simply because you're an awesome teacher and coach.

    ReplyDelete