Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The End of This Blog

This post was originally going to be way more business and much less how I feel.

I am incredibly angry to be leaving Missoula. I don't want to leave my students behind, but I have to. My students have every right to be angry with me, and all I can do is apologize. I ask that you understand a dire financial situation conflicting with my own personal pride in not leaning on anybody. Neither Shelley or I are happy here any longer and if we suffer one more setback we will be on the streets. To avoid this, we are moving to Minneapolis to find jobs in a much stronger economy.

With my current situation not likely to improve, I remain without health insurance or any other insurance. It is embarrassing to have to air this, but I can't just leave people in a lurch with no explanation. My contribution to MFA has been substantial at great cost to my personal & financial life, and I would like to see others put in to keep it kicking and growing.

To my students... I am so sorry. I apologize for not being there to help you along. If it is any consolation, if you have been taking lessons from me for the last few years and fencing on a regular basis, you have likely learned the vast majority of what I have to teach you. I can only ask that you share what I have taught you to others so that saber can continue in Missoula.

I have been told that if I leave, MFA will dissolve and fencing will no longer exist in Missoula. I do not believe this will happen because I know who fences here. I will not be here to fight for you anymore, you will have to do it yourself.

Good Luck Missoula, and Goodbye
AJ DeWees

1 comment:

  1. The seeds you have planted will grow. Sometimes it seems incredibly bitter that we have to wait so long for the fruit. I don't know if it is true but I've heard it takes decades for olive trees to produce. Thank you for the investment, I know there will be a harvest. You will be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete